The 2017 NFL draft will be over on June 29, but the league has plenty of things to do before then.
Here are some things to watch in the next week: • The draft order The draft orders for each team will be announced later this week, and we can expect to see a wide variety of teams, but in order of importance, we are going to start with the first round: • Jacksonville Jaguars: The Jaguars will have a high pick in the first four rounds, and they have been one of the most consistent teams in the NFL over the past decade.
The Jaguars have had five different quarterbacks in their starting lineup in the past two seasons, with Blake Bortles, Blake Bumgarner and Jalen Ramsey making the jump to the NFL, as well as a number of players on the roster.
• Cleveland Browns: The Browns have made the playoffs five straight seasons and have won five straight Super Bowls.
The team is coming off of a bye week, so it could be difficult for the Browns to miss the playoffs this year, and it’s not like the team is in a rebuild mode.
However, the Browns will still be without top wide receiver Josh Gordon for the start of the season, so they could have to rely on rookie Isaiah Crowell.
• Carolina Panthers: The Panthers have made it to the playoffs in each of the past four seasons, and while the team will likely have to get a few more players back to contribute to their success, it’s unlikely the team misses the playoffs.
• Denver Broncos: With Brock Osweiler out of the picture, the Broncos will need to fill some of the holes on their roster in order to make it to Super Bowl 50.
With that in mind, they’ll likely need to bring in some young players, which is why the Broncos are likely going to need to add some depth at linebacker and at quarterback.
• Arizona Cardinals: The Cardinals are one of several teams who will have some depth in their linebacking corps.
Arizona will need another veteran pass rusher and possibly one of their tight ends, which could include former No. 2 overall pick John Brown.
But, it could also be difficult to find a player who can fill a lot of needs for the Cardinals.
• Green Bay Packers: The Packers are in the middle of their second straight 10-win season, and although they have lost both of their leading receivers to free agency, they have some quality pieces in the secondary.
And, their offensive line is one of top five in the league.
But the offense has been plagued by injuries all year and could be in trouble.
If the Packers can stay healthy, they could be the team to beat in the NFC Championship Game.
• Detroit Lions: The Lions have made some major moves this offseason, and with new defensive coordinator Teryl Austin, they are primed to go into the playoffs with some of their most promising players in the lineup.
But their offensive system could be an issue in 2017, as it will likely be one of those teams that relies on passing the ball and getting big plays on the ground.
• Tennessee Titans: The Titans were in the midst of a rebuild and could look to make some big moves in the draft to make the draft better.
But it could take a few weeks before they get a true look at the entire draft class, so the Titans may need to wait a bit longer to make a decision.
The draft is still months away, but there are a lot to watch, including the top picks.
• Minnesota Vikings: The Vikings had one of its most productive seasons in franchise history in 2017.
They added running back Adrian Peterson and quarterback Teddy Bridgewater and will look to continue to build on that success in 2018.
• New Orleans Saints: New Orleans has had a lot going on this offseason and the Saints are ready to make another big jump to being one of football’s elite teams.
quarterback Drew Brees is out until the end of the year with an ankle injury, and the team may need some help at wide receiver.
• San Francisco 49ers: The 49ers will need some stability on the offensive line and defensive line in order for the team’s offense to be as explosive as it has been in the recent past.
However the team has had some injuries all season and could struggle to score points on the road.
• Seattle Seahawks: The Seahawks will be without two starters in their defensive backfield for the entire season, but they will have another strong running game in return.
They also have an underrated defense that has been able to withstand the test of time.
So it should be interesting to see if the Seahawks can bounce back from their worst start in franchise memory and keep the momentum going in 2018 as they get ready for the playoffs for the first time since the 2008 season.